Tuesday, August 3, 2010

One year anniversary

One year ago today I had my surgery, the radical prostatectomy at Duke. Man does time fly.
Some days it seems like the surgery was so long ago and other days it feels like it was a month ago.

Since then, I've been on a mission to raise awareness and have checked out almost all of the drugs currently in the clinical trial pipeline that are targeting Prostate Cancer.

Another thing that I've done since finding out I have cancer is I've paid more attention to the obits in the paper....yeah, yeah, I know...but you would be amazed at how many people succumb to cancer.

Cancer sucks

I go back to see my surgeon in 3 weeks, the one year checkup, we'll see what he has to say and if I'm 'normal' in terms of recovery.

that's it for today, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment