Tuesday, June 7, 2011

getting nervous

My last Lupron shot was in December....in meeting with my Oncologist, Dr. Reza, he opted to not give me a shot in March. At the time, I was riding a winning streak of 5 straight quarterly PSA scores of "less than 0.01" which means the Hormone Ablation was working.

Cancer is in remission.

Next week, 6/14 I go back in for my first PSA since being off Lupron. I'm still taking Casodex which is the second hormone ablation drug we used to beat the cancer into remission.

I have to admit, I'm a little nervous about how the test will turn out. I remember my friend Rana telling me that for years she felt nervousness when going in for regular tests....and they all turned out fine as she's a 10+ yr Breast Cancer survivor.

I'm sure everything will be fine.

more later

No comments:

Post a Comment