Friday, December 20, 2013

One full day at Duke Cancer Center

Today got an early start, I had an appointment with my surgeon, Dr. Andrew Peterson. What a great guy and awesome bedside manners. He thoroughly explained the surgery to me and the possible 'audible' that might be necessary if he finds further radiation damage. So we got the blood work done today as well as an X-ray of my pelvic area and also a lovely MRI of my pelvic area. Why? Because when we met in clinic, he applied pressure to my pelvic bone and it caused a high amount of pain. This led him to believe that he radiation may have damaged my pelvic bone. (And you thought this was going be easy...me neither). Arrive at 9:30am, depart at 5:15pm....with. 2:45 drive on each side. Let me pause here for a moment and remember Tom Stueber. Tom passed last night after a tough battle with Esophageal cancer. We've been helping their family as best we can and I ask that you keep the family in you prayers. Ohs, and my mom successfully made it through hip replacement surgery this morning, not bad for a 77 yr old. I'll have more to say about my surgery on the next post....stay tuned. Happy Holidays to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment