Saturday, July 24, 2010

hot enough to fry an egg on asphalt?

Boy I'm not sure about you but it's been brutally hot here in Charlotte. Yesterday was 94 with a heat index of 102 and today they are calling for a high of 99.

The good thing about this, is that everyone is sweating and so when I do, it brings on comments like "hot isn't it" or "man it's humid" which just make me smile a bit.

As many of you know my current treatment, hormone therapy, has the side effect of hot flashes.
So this time of year I just kind of blend in :). But come winter, I'll be the only guy in the neighborhood who can take a walk in 40 degree weather in shorts and a t-shirt and still sweat.

Coming up this fall, the organization ZERO - The Project to End Prostate Cancer, is putting on a celebrity golf tournament in Myrtle Beach called 'Know Your Score' and it will feature some celebs including Emmy Award winning essayist Jim Huber, Ken Griffy Sr. and many others, to help raise awareness of Prostate Cancer and the importance of getting your PSA checked.

I'm hoping to take part in the event and heck, I should have one in Charlotte.

Know your Score

No comments:

Post a Comment