Friday, July 2, 2010

keeping the PSA low

Great news again, third quarter in a row my PSA reading that came in this week was "less than .01" which is awesome. The Hormone therapy treatment basically has my cancer in remission for now but I have to remember, it's not killing the cancer, just keeping it from growing and spreading.

Yeah, that's great news.

My Oncologist, 3 months ago said "I can't look you in the eye and say that keeping you on HT for more than one year will do you any good."

In my visit last week he was enthusiastic about keeping me on HT for 2 years....without hesitation.
Makes sense, the last thing I want is the cancer to grow and spread so outside of the minor side effects, this HT is just what I need.

In the meantime, I'm anticipating new drugs to hit the market such as Abiraterone or MDV3100 which are both in clinical trials that look pretty promising. The MDV3100 is supposed to be a much better HT drug than the two I'm receiving, Lupron and Casodex.

all in all, "Life is Good" (thanks Jake)

Enjoy the Independence Day Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment