Friday, June 6, 2014

Movember contribution, not $

What a great organization, Movember...helping raise awareness and research $ around Prostate Cancer and men's health. I had the chance to meet Adam Garone the co-founder back in 2011, awesome mate, very driven. Fast forward to last month and all of the Prostate cancer BS I've been through including the radiation Cycstitis and subsequent surgery I had in January and it makes me appreciate Movember's efforts even more. Then, my surgeon asked me if I would like to participate in an effort to help design and build a patient portal/website designed to give cancer patients, Dr's, care givers and family members a place to go for information to help them in their efforts around PCa. I of course said yes....and he said I would be one of two patient advocates. Also contributing would be Dr's from Duke, Harvard, Moffitt Cancer center, Univ of Michigan, Johns Hopkins and you get the picture, all the top cancer institutions and the brightest Dr's. WAAAY COOOL! Stay tuned, more details to follow as we progress and formulate a new tool that will be based/hosted on the Movember website. What is awesome about this is...Movember is bringing together cancer orgs so they don't do work in silos, they collaborate. They do the same with their research dollars so that things are collaborated on and we find a cure faster. Cheers to Movember!

No comments:

Post a Comment