Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The pros and cons of Lupron

Last time on hormone treatment the side effects were tough given the 2 drugs I was taking. Lupron & Casodex This time it's only Lupron. Damn, this is one powerful drug. The Pros: In only 4 weeks time, is helped drop my PSA from 2.0 to 0.2 which is great. I'm sure it will be 0.0 next time. The Cons: this drugs side effects are relentless. First come the hot flashes and while they aren't as bad as last time, they are still there. The ones at night make it though to get a good nights sleep. Then there is the fatigue, which I'm forcing myself to counter by staying active...but all of a sudden I hit a wall and just need to lie down. (Makes I trough to drive while you're sleeping but I'm practicing so stay off the roads!) Then there are the mood swings...more on that next post Hanging in there as I always know someone has it worse than me. Especially in the light of the Boston Marathon victims. Keep,them in your thoughts and prayers. Later

No comments:

Post a Comment