Friday, January 17, 2014

Came home today, Fri. 1/17

Man it's good to be home. After eight days in the hospital and a tough recovery so far (pain-wise), they let me go home to recover here. Given as many times during the day and night that you are poked prodded, vitals taken, all of the interruptions cause for a long week. It looks like the infection is going to be the only setback so far, but it's still early in the process. The infection is causing me to wear a 24/7 wound vacuum pump that is supposed to accelerate healing. I love the progress when we go back in less than two weeks to meet with the surgeon. Thanks for all of the hugs and prayers and thoughts and support from everybody, I can't tell you how much it means to me. BTW, when I got home tonight I was starving and for the past week I've had no ability to eat much of any food. No appetite and I could hardly fit anything in given the gas I had. Tonight I actually ate this scrumptious cheese crêpe thingy that was the size of 2/3rds the size of my iPhone and it was awesome! I was stuffed....so that should give you an idea for the capacity of what I can eat. More this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment